These procedures will cover how to import EDI orders directly from Wheatland Tube Company into your warehouse system. This will eliminate the need for order entry on your part and allow you to do EDI with your Wheatland customers without investing in an EDI capability.
- Effective November 17, 2003 all Wheatland Electrical EDI orders for GE will be available through this system. These orders will be located in a folder on your menu called “IMPORT WHEATLAND EDI ORDERS”.
- Click on this link to display the orders in the folder. This display is updated when we receive an EDI transmission from the Customer.
- You will see three links associated with each order.
- Factory- This link will import the order and send it to Loretta for processing from the factory.
- Warehouse- This link will import the order into your assigned warehouse. It will evaluate inventory, assign BOL information, etc. Once imported you will handle these orders like any other order in the warehouse system.
- View- This will allow you to see the raw EDI order as received from the customer. This order will show their item description and comments. The Item Description will be changed during the import process.
- If you see an Item Description that has ‘???????????????’ please let us know so we can update this information. These question marks indicate that an EDI cross-reference match was not made and our system was unable to assign the proper Item Number information.